Friday, September 11, 2009

44 Days, 3 Hours, 50 minutes and 30 Seconds

That is approximately how long it has been since I have walked (but who's counting). In three days, three hours, 36 minutes and 30 seconds, I will hopefully begin to walk again (but again, who's counting).

It has been a grueling 44 days indeed. On Monday I am headed back to the doctor for my next major milestone. My knee is really feeling much better and I am totally ready to start putting weight on it. I definitely still have some discomfort, but the last week has shown major improvements. The pain is becoming more and more bearable and reminds me a lot more of the "good" pain I have had when recovering from previous injuries.

As for the crutches, I am going to burn them. My guess is that it will take me a week or two to regain the leg strength and muscle control I will need to lose them alltogether. But, I can always try one of these http://www.clearcanes.com/pimp.html.

As for this weekend, I am going to the Shoe - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohio_Stadium. That's right, the Buckeye's are playing host to the Mighty Trojans of USC. I am going to attempt to actually go into the stadium on crutches. I am not sure if I am stupid or crazy...but probably a little bit of both.

In any case, I cannot wait for the game, and I cannot wait for Monday.

More good things to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment