Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Less than 24 hours till the "BIG DAY"

So,

Here I am about 18 hours away from surgery. I know I am approaching one of those "life is never going to be the same as it was before this day" moments. On the bright side, I will be able to look back in a few months and quote my favorite movie - Swingers (you know, the one with Jon Favereau and Vince Vaughn):

"Don't tell me we didn't make it. We made it. We're here. And everything that is past is prologue to this, all the shit that didn't kill us is only - ya know, all that shit... You're gonna get over it."

In the meantime, I am gearing up for 6-8 weeks of crutches, hopping up and down the stairs, carpooling to work, and some ridiculous number of never ending knee bends. Thank goodness I have a great group of friends and family that will help me through, not to mention the best puppy in the world.

The bottom line is this: I am deterimined to make this a positive, to come out of it all with a better knee and as a better person. I just want the surgery to be behind me so that I can start the next chapter in my life. I just hope it isn't too painful in the beginning.

Anyway, more tomorrow and in the days to come.

Wish me luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment