Friday, July 31, 2009

Day 2 - Post Surgery

OUCH!!!

Last night was probably the most painful/uncomfortable night I have ever spent. I managed to sleep off and on for about an hour at a time. This, in spite of the multiple pain pills I was on. No matter what I tried to do, I simply couldn't get comfortable.

Between when I got home on Wednesday and tonight, I spent the majority of my time moving from one couch to the other. The CPM machine is on one couch, so there is no room to sit on it after the two hours at a time is completed. Keep in mind that the couches are about 5 feet apart from each other. So, it should be simple to move back and forth...IT'S NOT!!!

I had to move about 3 remote controls (one for the TV, one for the XBox, and one for the cable box) along with my cell phone, pillows, drink and anything else I might need. All this while hopping on one leg...not fun...not fun at all.

Anyway, thank god for the CPM machine and for the leg exercises. I think the swelling has gone down tremendously. I can quickly get to 90 degrees on the CPM machine and spend most of the two hours on that setting. Also, while quite painful, the leg exercises really helped a lot too!!

So, I managed to scoot butt first up the stairs and am going to attempt a good nights sleep in my bed. Also, before I sign off, I have to give a HUGE thank you to my mom!! She brought me McD pancakes each of the last two mornings and has helped by taking my poor puppy out as well. Not to mention, she picked up the XBox for me last night as well.

All in all, things are headed down the right path. Despite being almost totally immobile, my spirits are still super high and I am very optimistic. Who knows what a decent nights sleep will bring.

Until tomorrow...

Z

No comments:

Post a Comment