Sunday, August 2, 2009

Day 4 - Post Surgery

Another day behind me,

I am now four days out from surgery. The pain is pretty tolerable for the most part, and I am again able to sleep through the night. I am also weaning myself off the pain pills and continuing to do my exercises and the CPM machine.

All in all, I am still extremely positive and my knee is continuing to feel better every day. I do want to stress the amount of effort and dedication that rehab requires. It is a solid nine or ten hours every single day. Two hours on the CPM machine four times a day along with an hour to two hours of exercises in between. IT IS A LOT OF WORK!!!

Anyway, I am working on creating a list of milestones. My first big milestone is to check in with the doctor tomorrow morning. After that, it will probably be a week at a time, but hopefully I will have something more concrete after I see the doctor.

As for the day to day stuff, I finally made it out of the house yesterday. My friend drove me to the mall and then pushed me around in a wheelchair. My mom also picked up an Xbox for me, so I have been honing my skills at Tiger Woods Golf and Madden Football.

Other than that, simple things like changing closes, using the restroom, making food and playing with my puppy are extremely difficult at best. I can't even take my puppy outside, so thank god for my friends and my mom!! Finally, I HATE going up and down the stairs. I am afraid to hop up and down because I don't want to slip and hurt my knee. So, I end up scooting up and down on my butt. So many things I took for granted are difficult or impossible. But, I am not going to let any of it bring me down!!

More after I see the doctor tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment