Wednesday, August 5, 2009

One Week Complete!!

Good news, bad news...

One week in the books...another bad night for trying to sleep. I am off the pain pills and my knee really stiffens up overnight. Thus I end up with pain which makes it hard to sleep. I was even going to try to make it into the office...but I couldn't get out of bed and almost overslept for my 8am meeting that turned into a conference call. Now it is back to the CPM machine for 2 hours this morning and 6 more hours later today. I am also looking forward to the 200 knee bends that I have to do today. But, at least I am getting used to the routine. I have also been playing a ton of Tiger Woods golf...so I guess that is good. I even managed to take an actual shower yesterday. So, once again, it's one step and one day at a time. Only 40 more days until I can try and walk. Only 31 days until the Buckeye's season opener...and only 38 days until USC.

That's all for now,

Z

3 comments:

  1. Hey There,

    It's great to read about someone going through this at virtually the same time as I am. I keep seeing a lot of people using the CPM machine as much as possible, to the point that I'm kind of concerned that my doctor isn't having me use one at all. He has been having me do stationary bike 10 minutes a day with no resistance, as well as leg/knee exercises.

    Anyway, you can check out my post here

    http://bikesplosion.blogspot.com/

    Become a follower! Thanks,

    James

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey James,

    Thanks for the comment. I would definitely check into the CPM machine. Though, from what I have read, it is not 100% proven to be effective. Also, one of the reasons that people need to use it is because of they don't do all of the exercises the doctor tells them to. While the knee bends are painful, they get better, the range of motion gets better and it all gets a little bit easier every single day. I am not on a stationary bike, so it sounds like I have something to check with my doc on as well.

    Anyway, I am now following your blog as well. It is definitely nice to have someone going through the same thing in the same stages and time as me. Hopefully we can help push each other through.

    Good luck and stay in touch!

    Zach

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Zach and James. I had microfracture surgery 3 weeks ago. I am walking without crutches in a thigh to heel brace. I swear by my CPM machine which I use up to 6 hours a day. I ride a stationery bike from 20 to 30 minutes 5 days a week and continue to participate in almost all my regular strength training regimen. The size and position of the affected area is critically important and everyone heals at a different pace but so far so good....Btw Zach, I will be in
    Columbus next month to witness the continued dominance of the Big Ten by my beloved Men of Troy! lol

    ReplyDelete